As I carry on with my '8-5' job, my mind wanders to the numerous issues that we face in everyday life - the consequences of the bad decisions we have dabbled into, mistakes with our relationships and so and so.. . but no matter how many things bother you every minute, notice how you can always force your mind back to the most important thing for that time. And so i do just that, i force myself back to doing my work and I suppress the other thoughts.. .
I carry on at it successfully until lunchtime and then I realise I might as well take a few minutes and scribble this - a little food for thought on how powerful the mind is.
Q: "What is on your mind??" [What do u think about??]
I think the development of the mind is the personal responsibility of the individual. What one man may consider a walkover will to another be a herculean task.
Have you noticed how the most difficult part of a/any project is making up your mind to carry it out -concluding it in our hearts??
Our mind is our strongest weapon!.
MATT 9 - tells three stories of miraculous healing done by Jesus - the story of the woman with the issue of blood, the story of the death of the rulers daughter and the healing of two blind men. The lessons in the first and second are somewhat similar. The woman spoke to herself saying V21 ".. .If I only touch His garment, I shall be restored to health." There is not a more sure word than SHALL. I can only imagine that she had been saying this words over and over to herself.. . probably all morning, all day or even for as long as she had purposed in her heart to meet Jesus.
v 18 "While He was talking this way to them, behold, a ruler entered and, kneeling down, worshiped Him, saying, My daughter has just now died; but come and lay Your hand on her, and she will come to life". Obviously this man's mind was made up. All he needed was to see a physial act of what he had already believed in the spiritual - a manifestation!
Notice that when you speak words continually to yourself, you begin to believe them, they start to have effect!!. And I'm certain that as long as you can decide and fixate your mind on a thing, it is as good as done!!
PROV 23:7 "for as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.. ."
PROV 4:23 "keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flows springs of life"
Allow me to point out that your dream/goals cannot be more than the size of your heart IE the size of your heart/mind = the size of your dreams. Any dream that is more than your heart, you cannot attain!.
It is the depth of faith and trust and reliance in God and His Word that causes an activation to your desires. MATT 9: 29 "Then He touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith and trust and reliance [on the power invested in Me] be it done to you." - God will not give you a bigger dream than your capability, than your capacity.
Our Father deals with our hearts. Our heart is the place of blessing – it’s the place God sees and blesses!. "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes but the Lord weighs the spirit (the thoughts and intents of the hearts)." PROV 16:2
Its not just in the SIZE OF THE DREAM, do u BELIEVE that you can/will/shall obtain it??. Unbelief is a restriction on your mind!.
EXPAND YOUR MIND! GEN 15:5
PRAYER -
1) I pray that God directs our thoughts, deeds and our every move. That he makes them sure, IJN PROV 16:9
2) I pray that when we are overwhelmed and fainting in our spirit/hearts, that God will bring us closer to Him, IJN PSA 61:2
*phew*
It seems i may have overdone it a little bit though but who's complaining?? *looks around*
Amen oooooo!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is refreshing...
thank you so much...
DeleteI'm definitely not complaining..... I want moooooooooore!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete:-)... I put something up last week. You should see it. Hope you enjoy it.
DeletePst. Chika, i'm overwhelmed, thank for dis.
ReplyDelete*clapping*
Joke.
Nicely put together...
ReplyDeletethank you, honey... :-)
Delete